Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pound Cake and Fish Packets



Yesterday I made my favorite pound cake. It is RICH, RICH, RICH and OH! so delicious.  I got the recipe at a recipe shower before I got married from one of my mother's friends. Mama used to make a really good pound cake, but (don't tell Mama) I like this one better.


But the very sad thing is, it didn't really turn out so well. I think I over-mixed it. Sarah says that the flavor is good and she didn't mind the texture, but I know it's not quite right. But who the heck wants to try again and use six more precious eggs and another 1/2 pound of butter and a 1/2 pint of cream? Not to mention the valuable White Lily flour.

So I guess we'll eat it anyway. It'll probably do well toasted.

ANYWAY!

I also made some fish packets for dinner. The title of the recipe says "tuna" but it says you can use other types instead. I used Lummi Island salmon.

This dinner was yummy I thought. Served it with brown rice and we were all satisfied. ☺

I got this recipe from my Eating Well magazine -- and I also found it online here.


It was really pretty before I cooked it.


I forgot to take a photo when I plated it. And, when I remembered, it wasn't pretty anymore. But, everybody liked it. Always feels like a successful dinner when everybody eats what I cook without making faces or leaving a ton of food on their plates (this includes the 50 year-old little boy I married). ☺

Not sure what's for dinner tonight, but I want sumpthin' good.

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment