Friday, May 3, 2013

Blog REPOST

I'm re-posting 'cause I keep going back to this place. I just went there today to get a sandwich for me and Harv and I also picked up a bottle of Washington Rosé. 

One of my favorite things about Old World Deli is that it seems like the owners actually LOVE what they're doing. And, when people LOVE what they're doing, they do it very well. They make their customers ENJOY coming back again and again. 

I love Bellingham and am thankful for so many delicious eateries...and so many GREAT people who make them happen.

GO TO OLD WORLD DELI. Today. Or maybe tomorrow while you're shopping at the Farmer's Market.

***********************************************
REPOST: This blog post originally published in Feb. 2013

Yesterday, Sarah and Hannah had an early release day so Harv and I decided that the four of us should go out for lunch... (I told you I like to go out to eat!)

So, we picked the girls up and we drove to.... 

  

When you walk in, it just kinda FEELS "old-world." The wooden floors look like they have endured some historical foot steps. The brick walls look like they've heard some interesting conversations. (Perhaps they still are!)


While I was waiting for my sandwich, I perused the wine section. The owner asked if I needed help and I replied that I'm on a rosé kick...even if it's NOT the season. He told me that they're on their way over from France and it'll be soon-ish. We had a fairly intelligent conversation about rosé (he was intelligent; I was fairly intelligent) and our preference for light colored rosés. I am lookin' forward to the  arrival of the French rosés and I will be headin' down to Old World Deli to check them out. 

As for the food, they have quite a few choices on the "regular" list and then they had these daily specials.  (And, oh my goodnesss! Look in the bottom right-hand corner of the specials board! I just noticed it...a happy hour! Doesn't THAT sound fun?!!!)


I had the House Sausage with Braised Kale sandwich. Yes, it was delicious!


Harv had the Italian Sub sandwich. He really enjoyed it, too.


And, we got funky, fun sodas.  One must also have good chips with a good sandwich. So we got those, too.

  

 Sarah and Hannah shared a Chicken Pesto Panini. 


They seemed pretty happy with their choice, too, don'tcha think?


Next time I go, I'm 'onna check out the grocery items a little better. There's quite a selection of those, too.

Old World Deli -- it's just the place for people like me who like the adventure of good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment